It's been a while since I've written here. I actually did try to update a while before today (6/13/08 to be exact as this is the same draft I started that day and never finished haha)
I find it amusing and karma-ish that I meet 2 people who both do not have Facebook within the span of one month (June). Maybe that's a sign for me to get off Facebook for the summer. Add to that another person from El Salvador who doesn't have one either! I have had such an incredible time so far this summer. Going to Patch Adams' Gesundheit! Institute has left me a much more aware person who realizes and acknowledges that there's more to life than the 9-5pm life and making money and whatnot. You can do things that make a difference in someone's life, even if it is just one person. I met a lot of interesting individuals as well as others who are much more in tune with nature and live simpler lives. The one thing I have noticed about all those that I have gotten to know on an intimate level at G! (besides 1 person who shall not be mentioned) is that they all care profoundly about everyone around them. All are open-minded and fantastically accepting of who you are. For the most part, at least. Haha
Anyway I wrote that in early June as a draft and have just gotten back to finish it now...in mid-July. =) I am amazed at how quickly this summer has gone. It feels like I've done so much this summer, it's crazy!! I've pretty much had something going on almost every day of the week and definitely maxed out all my summer weekends.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
How about an Update?
Posted by Denise Van at 10:26 AM
Labels: apartment, emotion, friends, Gesundheit Institute, reverse culture shock
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment