It is almost time for bed and my battery is dying. I have 39 minutes to convey my thoughts and insights from my night drive. I only hope that I can remember what it is that flew through my mind during those thoughtful moments.
1. Simply put because I have no other way to explain this but: It's really nice going home. Home is where my heart is. It's where I go when I need to find that anchor that binds me to reality. It gives me a sense of peace within myself that I, at times, lose when I am out in "the real world". It's really easy to lose yourself in the everyday things you do and when you're living away from home, for the first time ever since birth, it's amazing how much not being at home makes you want to go home. For me, it's a feeling of peace that descends upon me when I know that I'm returning to MY place, my peace, where I can just relax and slow down.
2. I really do enjoy coasting down long, windy highways like I-695 (hands down, current favorite) when I'm not stuck in their traffic. With the windows partially down, weather not too humid, and my favorite music playing, nothing could be better. Those are the times when my mind just clears away all the cobwebs and float away with the wind.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Ingrid Michaelson - The Way I Am
Enjoy the sun while it lasts!
Posted by Denise Van at 12:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment