Hi, I know it's been a while but here I am again almost a month later with another revelation to share with the collective whole of the "blogging world". As I get older, it seems as if I'm starting to formulate more concrete opinions of my own and reciprocating it unto others by way of comments, suggestions, facial gestures...what I've noticed as I do this is that, sometimes, my "opinions" can be somewhat...judgmental. I know I've always been slightly apathetic, for lack of a better word, when it came to deciding what I thought of things. In doing so, I was able to remain objective as well as open-minded. The one path I don't want to tread down is the one towards narrow-mindedness. I am not a narrow-minded person (at least I'd like to think I'm not) but the way I've been talking and behaving these days reflect otherwise. It's not very apparent to most but to me, it makes me feel different, less open-minded and I don't want that. So here I am, acknowledging my fault, doing some preventative measure to ensure that I reign myself, my ego, my judgments, in.
It also makes me think that, as people get older, there's two paths they can go...one that helps them maintain an open mindedness and the other...as you form more opinions, without properly seeing them for what they are, see definition below, you start to take them as solid facts of life and then what happens to being able to think outside of the box? To be able to explore all the mind has to offer? To be able to absorb something new, exciting, maybe something that makes you hesitate and think twice?
o·pin·ion
[uh-pin-yuhn] Show IPA
–noun
1.
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient toproduce complete certainty.
2.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment